Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blankets of Luv

2 of 4 of the most amazing blankets a dear friend made were delivered today...they took my breath away when she unveiled them. Ive waited patiently to see how she would connect the strands of fabric that were once worn by my sweet son and in some cases passed down and worn by Nick. I didnt know weather to smile or cry at first. Some things he wore just 2 wks before he passed. Each square and inch was i know sewed with care and she honestly couldnt have done a better job of pickin what shirts/pants/pj's would go where and for which kids blanket. I ran my hand over each square and shed a tear for each piece as my son had worn these. Some holey from his roughness and each carrying there own unique memory. My mind plays like a movie over each some articles have more than one moment in time connected. I cry. In some ways this is healing and some ways my heart checks itself and says please Lord tell me this is an awful nightmare? But my mind confirms this is my reality and my personal hell on earth to have to endure this. One min these clothes were washed, folded and ready for wear by a once healthy boy. Nathan would drive me crazy with his clothes because id wash and fold them and ina rush to dress they'd all crash to the floor and there id have to start my laundry process again. He then tought nick this nice habit... Now id give anything to pick these clothes up off the floor. Id do that all day if it would rewind time and bring my son back, but it wont this I know. Now i have them all together in a thick cuddley blanket. Definately cuts my folding time. Thank you Amy for ur time, thoughtfulness, and amazing talent. The kids luv them and infact are sleeping with them tonite. Heres the pics of each one the first is Nicks along with the back which happens to b Nathans comforter. He and nick had bunkbeds at one time and they have a harley room so we used the blanket he slept with the backing. Natalies back is just the Harley logo. I wanted nicknto have the big motorcyle piece to remind him of the boys riding my dads motorcycle..how he luved that. We miss u sweet boy...

3 comments:

  1. Those quilts are obviously stitched with love and care... what a friend, and what a blessing to have them. Not that you need tangible fabric for your memories, but like you said, these were the things he wore, and even passed down... how sweet is that for Nat and Nick to snuggle under and hug. I love reading your words, Maranda. I get choked up and I feel so grateful you're willing to share it with us. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is indeed a touching story and the kindness rendered by a sweet and caring friend. I did not know you or your sweet little boy but I heard a little of his passing and thanks to being friends with Amie I got to be a part of this and see the end result of something truly special. I cried to see this amazing dispaly of love and wished I would have know ya'll especially Nathen, but bc I know Maranda I saw this and it truly touched my heart. I can't even imagine that kind of loss. I have 3 boys all grown men now and 2 of mine are dead as pertaining to the things of rightouesness, so I suffer my own kind of personal hell of a different nature for I have lost them spiritually :( I feel for your pain and loss and am truly grateful to God that I had the oprrotunity to raise them up and have all those wonderful memories. I pray for your heart to be healed and rejoice for the time you did have and look forward to the time you will have again to raise him up in more rightouess time instead of these wicked days. may your heart be comforted in knowing you suffer not alone we are ever here praying in your behalf and that of your sweet family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome gift! Those blankets are beautiful and such sweet reminders of your handsome little guy.

    ReplyDelete