Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Celebration of Nick and our Nathan

As today marks 6 yrs ago that I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy Nick Robert Dennis...this yr was a hard time for us to celebrate but we did even in our time of sorrow. After all that's what Nathan would've wanted us to do. He seemed to enjoy himself at his party with friends that luved him as well as his brother. We did a balloon release that he and kids seemed to enjoy doing. I'll have to post the video of it...a friend taped it...It was absolutely beautiful....seeing 15 balloon's go in the air with sweet, loving messages to get to heaven for Nathan...I told Nick that I was sure Nathan read each and everyone and i was sure he was up in heaven with a kazoo blowing it to celebrate his special day...he just lit up at that this was where Nathan was celebrated. I swear his smile wipes away the tears. The kids each have habits that were Nate's as well and I see them daily. Nick crosses his legs like Nathan used to do....oh how I miss seeing that. I used to think why on earth does he do that? But now I miss seeing it everyday. Nick also licks his lips like Nathan did. There ADHD meds dries there lips out and so to keep them moist they lick them like crazy..As much as I pushed chap stick or vaseline he'd never use it. He walked around with chapped lips about half the time. Natalie smile lights up like Nate's so everytime she smiles I see him. When he smiled his eyes sparkled and her's does that too. My parents got Nick an artist eisal and can I just say they've both had so much fun drawing and stuff on it. I hope that over time it becomes a good outlit for them too. All 3 kids wanted ANY kind of pet from hermit crabs to a puppy. Course, I would not relent on the puppy for obvious reasons, I did mention to my best friend that Nick would luv a hermit crab. Of course, she and her awesome 3 boys that Nick adores came through...He just loves them. I mean adores them. I'll have to cross the bridge of them dying at some point but for now he's loving having them. They named one Nathan and of course thats the one thats the most active and the other's names is lazy for I'm sure by the name you can tell why. He wants to touch them and mess with them all the time. It keeps him in good spirits. Tomorrow marks the 1 month mark that Nathan's been gone and I'm not sure how I feel about this. I can't believe its been a month. Time sure seems to have sped up even with us grieving and trying to find our groove. We shall see what tomorrow brings and I'll post pics and the video release video of the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment