Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Enchanted Rock Memories

I'm not even sure where to begin today. I'm sure this post will b all over the place so im puttin the sorry out there now. Ive been reflecting back on a trip i took with the kids mothers day weekend. My best friend, Kristi, has 2 boys that my sons just adore. She spur of the moment asked if i wanted to go out to her parents house.. my kids luv going out there especially Nate..they have a beautiful house around Lake LBJ..her parents are amazing hosts when we've been there and always made us feel so welcome. On Sunday we decided to take the kids on a hike up Enchanted Rock. Its amazingly beautiful and its a good steep hike. Nate's foot never stopped givin him issues even after his March surgery to correct his flat footedness. So while the other kids hiked on ahead I got to stay back with him since he was trying not to injure himself. I got a chance to talk to him and REALLY get to know him. As parents we get so caught up in tne world..BUSY! We dont take those small moments and learn somethin new about our kids. Who are they? Who will they be one day? What is there personality like? Now with 3 kids i admit i let life get in the way and i do wish i couldve known my son a bit better made more memories with just him instead of always takin all the kids if we did anthing. Im seriously gonna start takin the kids on outings alone once a month. So i can make these sweet memories. He picked me flowers which was one of the sweet things he did..i even got pics of our time i'll share here. Im sure i may have posted them on his FB site that was started, but hey...this my blog..lol i'll repost them if I want too..lol. For real i repost only so u can see his happiness in corrulation to that particular day. Maybe this was one of those days Heavenly Fathers hand paved. He let me have that day and all the smiles to go with it. He talked about that hike for weeks after. I gave him my time that day...how grateful i am. This was my reflection of past memories...now to a presant one...nick got bubbles for his birthday. He adores bubbles..these particular bubbles are the wand ones it comes in a long wand type container and u can swing it around and basically the wind or ur blowing onto the wand will release the bubbles..moms u know what im describing i hope. So Nick was in the front yard havin a good ol time looks at me and says " look mom how beautiful" i look at him and say "surely are luv." He says "Nathan would luv these." I said " he sure would." He contiues on for a moment more making beautiful bubbles..they really are beautiful i urge u to pay attention next time ur child blows bubbles. Anyhow, he then asks me "if Nathan/spirits forget us or there luved ones when they pass?"' I took him in my arms and said " of course not baby. Heavenly Father wants us to b families forever why would he let Nathan forget us?" He shruged his shoulders says "i dunno." and he smiles. Ahhh...what a relief he didnt question that farther hes big on questions these days. But im blessed i had such an answer to give him. One that i hope brought him a tiny morsel of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment